Polykleitos (polykleitos) wrote in bhrobotics,
Polykleitos
polykleitos
bhrobotics

MORTORQ'S DIARY: 1/15/2005 - 1/20/2005 - There's progress

This second week, things really started to heat up, as all the different groups worked on their parts. We got a lot done, issues were talked out and resolved, and we're well on our way.

Information on what the Business and Writing Group has been up to can be found on these three posts: Fundraising, Community Outreach - Lego League, and Chairman's Award. The website is also being worked on as we speak.

*****

Saturday, January 15 - Building decided on eight wheels, designed more of the robot, worked on the lift and chassis and mounted the motors. Minor scuffles broke out regarding the design, but things were decided in the end.


The Animation Group has also been meeting almost everyday - by Saturday, a few of the objects had been finished. A Disney mentor also came in to help and give suggestions about the robot's design.

*****

Sunday, January 16 - Building did more work on the chassis, even having to take apart some of what was already built to make it better. The transmission was mounted, eight wheels were put on, as well as the chains, and the plexiglass was mounted. (The buildings arrived that morning at around 11 a.m. and didn't leave until 8 o'clock at night.) A very productive day - sometimes, as one robotics student put it, fewer people working more efficiently can get a lot more done.


Robotics students continued adding to the website (last picture).

In the midst of all of this work, two important new additions to our workroom were added: 1) A countdown clock (do you feel the pressure?), and 2) Food! ^__^



*****

Monday - Thursday, January 17 - 20, 2005 - Building continued working on the chassis and drive. The joysticks were programmed, with the help of student-programmer Danko - we were able to drive the robot. The final design of using cabling to support the arm was decided. On Monday, a few robotics students were down at UCLA machining. Animation continued working on objects, finishing them, and starting on characters. Danko (pictured) began programming and becoming familiarized with the code given to us.




One of the most exciting things (in my opinion, anyways) happened on January 19 - we tested the robot for the first time and drove it down the hall. A little bit of sputtering, but I would call it a successful test run.

Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic
  • 2 comments